Picture Width - Test and Poll (Test #1 - Using TinyPic)

What is the highest picture number that you can see full width without scrolling?

• Picture 1 (600)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Picture 2 (700)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Picture 3 (800)

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Picture 4 (900)

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Picture 5 (1000)

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Picture 6 (1100)

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Picture 7 (1200)

Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

n.one.one

Default rank <4000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
158   0
Reaction score
Update: I've changed the thread title to Test #1 - Using TinyPic. It's becoming pretty clear that the pictures posted with TinyPic are scaled on most displays which means even the largest picture can be seen full width on the smallest cell phone. We'll probably run another test using a different method of posting pictures to see if the results are different. Thanks again for the votes and responses.

Some pictures are too small and some are too big. The choice of what size to put in your post is made more difficult because the folks who are reading it use a wide variety of monitors, laptop screens, smart phones and tablets.

To help determine the optimum size I've posted 7 pictures below ranging from 600 to 1200 pixels wide. These pictures were added to the post using TinyPic and that may end up being a very important factor. Please indicate in the poll which is the LARGEST picture that you can see completely from left edge to right edge without scrolling or adjusting your screen. You may find that some of the larger pictures (800, 900, 1000, 1100, 1200) are exactly the same width. That's because the system has automatically scaled the picture to fit your screen. In that case choose the largest picture you can see based on the number (if 4,5 ,6, and 7 are the same size on your screen then choose 7).

Feel free to respond with comments or questions but be sure to vote in the poll.
Assuming there is sufficient response we should have some guidance that will enable us to post pictures that are large enough to see clearly, but not so large that some people can't see the whole picture.
Thanks for your input.

i42.tinypic.com_66byp1.jpg

i42.tinypic.com_2crqaa8.jpg

i39.tinypic.com_xmsf3k.jpg

i42.tinypic.com_124tslk.jpg

i41.tinypic.com_jr40tg.jpg

i41.tinypic.com_9a90l5.jpg

i43.tinypic.com_x3adc2.jpg

Last edited:
Checked it on my phone, WP7, it automatically resized the bigger ones to fit the screen. Checked it on my computer, IE9, FF5, and Chrome 17, and all of them do the same, resize the bigger ones to fit the window, if I'm not running my browser maximized.

6 and 7 are the same size so I voted 6....i'm assumin the larger is being resized

for the purpose of this thread when you use photobucket and img tags it shows them pretty large. that's how i upload/post most of my pics and they are normally pretty large

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom