• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pictures taken while paddling a kayak or canoe

20180812_133610.jpg
20180812_133558.jpg
20180812_122328.jpg
20180812_114450.jpg
Screenshot_20180812-145657.png

Much needed relaxing day floating the Etowah.

Kayaking with a dog named "Tippy"? Hmmm....

A lot of the newer models have eliminated most or all in hull storage and you simply have open decks. Unfortunately the best deal on a SOT imho isn't that configuration. https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/magellan-outdoors-origin-12-ft-sit-on-top-angler-kayak

I have been pondering a paddle board. We saw a guy on the Etowah with one. He had strapped a comfortable beach chair to it and his dog was riding on the front. The dog would jump in the water and was able to climb back onto the board.
And at the same time, he was standing up fishing.

I have been pondering a paddle board. We saw a guy on the Etowah with one. He had strapped a comfortable beach chair to it and his dog was riding on the front. The dog would jump in the water and was able to climb back onto the board.
And at the same time, he was standing up fishing.
Have you looked at the hybrids?

I have. My son is in school and works at Cabela's, so I have looked at everything they have. Ya know, because "he" needs a new boat because "he" gets a discount on anything that "he" wants to buy.
He definitely needs one....

I guess it depends on how much fishing you do. If I'm in my yak, I'm fishing. A board just wouldn't work. If I had a 4 legged companion that liked to go along every now and again I'd probably get a hybrid or open deck model. My fat beagles would sink like rocks. :)

He definitely needs one....

I guess it depends on how much fishing you do. If I'm in my yak, I'm fishing. A board just wouldn't work. If I had a 4 legged companion that liked to go along every now and again I'd probably get a hybrid or open deck model. My fat beagles would sink like rocks. :)
Screenshot_20180812-152611.png

He will probably end up with this. Since it is a Bass Pro/ Cabela's brand, he gets a huge discount. I have talked to people that have them . They are big and heavy, but very stable and are good in flat water. We mostly paddle the Etowah, which is slow, so this would work well for him.

I’ve been looking at Crecent Kayaks new Lite Tackle SOT. They are made in Carrollton and one of my kids just started school at University of West Georgia. Hoping I’ll have a chance to swing by their shop and check one out in person. Wonder if they offer a student discount to UWG!

Back
Top Bottom