• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Piedmont NWR Primitive Weapons Hunt.

24on48hunting

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Deer Hunting Junkie
215   1
Reaction score
This makes it official. One of my favorite deer hunts.
image.jpg

Thats a nice pistol.Good luck

nice rig!

Thanks fellas. I picked it up at Robinson's Salvage in Carrollton for $215 out the door. I made the sling and picked up the Ultradot 1x28 sight Yesterday. I'm going to go shoot her in a little while. I'll post up the results and a short video clip, if possible, shortly.

Man that looks like fun.
Every time I see a .50 pistol I think of the time I let my new Boss from Texas hunt our farm in Pennsylvania after he kept striking out with a coworker on public land .
I practically begged him to check out my property so he finally came by then called me later to thank me for letting him scout the heaviest deer activity he's ever seen.
He set up a ladder that day and went back the next day on a Saturday with his custom .50 hand cannon.
I was at work that day and he came by later to thank me and show off the monster 11 point he shot while it was on the run past his stand.
Double lung, dropped as soon as it hit a steep bank, rolled down the bank and came to a stop right at the side of our farm road.
He got out of the stand, walked to his Jeep, drove down, dressed and loaded the big buck right there at the roadside.
He was excited like a little kid on Christmas Day proudly showing off the best hunt he'd ever had.
First thing I said was "I told you we had some monsters up there".
The buck dressed out at 265 pounds and I've seen one up there that appeared to be 400 pounds with witnesses to back it up...lol...... Looked like a cow with antlers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom