• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pigs GALORE!

Here near Columbus for about 3 days hunting nuisance wild hogs. These swine compete directly for the same food sources as native game and they are non native as everyone knows. They are like rats here. I had the opportunity to help check the population. 4 for 4 so far but have seen probably 70 hogs in 2 days. Unbelievable. Hope to take a half dozen before I go home Monday. [View attachment 2042297 View attachment 2042298 View attachment 2042299
Great job! We have the same problem up here in Wilkes County. Back during deer season, I was waiting for Bambi's Mom when a buncha piglets came out. All I had was my 30-30 but figured... Gotta kill'em. I got three, but the 30-30 made a mess of them. They were smaller than a cat, so I was happy with my shooting. A week or so later, I was checking trail cams when I happened upon more of them. All I had was my 1911, but managed to knock down three more. I was impressed with my shooting, because those buggers are fast. Tonight, I thought I would go for them or maybe even a coyote. I gave up when nothing was moving, but I always check a hay field when leaving. I saw a deer and stopped to scan the field with a handheld Flir. I saw four small (approx 40 lbs) pigs at about 100m, so I grabbed my rifle and began stalking them. I got within 10 m when I realized my rookie mistake. I had cleared the rifle before getting into the truck, and the magazine was still in my pocket... Glad you did better than me. Maybe Monday...

They’re starting to tear up my deer hunting spots in suches.

Someone popped a big ol Boar and left it to rot where we park.

Either some brave soul dragged it off or a bear came and removed it completely.

Back
Top Bottom