Pirellis?

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
Cinturato P7 A/S
Economy Sedan (Elantra).
Set of 4 installed $452. I've never owned Pirellis before. :noidea: https://www.samsclub.com/sams/205-55r16x-94v-p7as-70000/prod10450017.ip?xid=plp:product:1:4

Main concerns are to get rid of the HORRENDOUS road noise of the Hankook OEMs (I realize some of it is limited by the vehicle), respectable wet traction and maintain solid tread wear. I'm pretty easy on tires. OEMs have 56k and about done. I'll let them ride a little long but getting ready for a 2,500 road trip through likely bad weather sooo.... :mmph:

I have P4's on my Jetta and they get great mileage and work very well in the rain. I have put over 200k miles on the P4's over the years (multiple sets. :))

most people think that Pirelli tires are expensive. Some are but most of them are just good solid tires and a reasonable price. I've run the scorpion STR's on Jeeps in the past and was happy with them.

not that it matters but Pirelli North America is based in Rome GA. They do make some of their tires there (mostly the higher end stuff) and have a large warehouse just south of Atlanta.

Well I did it. Heck Sam's has an $80 instant rebate and Pirelli has an additional $60 mail in rebate. For a net price of after tax of install of only $391, :suspicious: I couldn't pass it up. They are noticeably quieter than the OEM tires :clap2: but they feel a little 'squirrely'. I'm sure (or I hope) that's because they are new. We'll see how they do after a few miles.

If you want to find out about tires and how they perform and are rated, then go to this website. Excellent information. https://www.tirerack.com/content/ti...37199&ef_id=WMP1dAAAACEPLhoX:20170328154120:s

Yep, went there right after I went here. http://tirereviewsandmore.com/best-hyundai-elantra-tires/
4 1/2 out of 5 stars from 760 reviews on tire rack.. :cool: The problem with tirerack is it gets a little harder to compare when the vehicles are so different within one model of tire. That first site gives rec by model of vehicle (or at least pretends to).

The P7's are one of my favorite tires. I will be installing a set on my daughter's car this summer, and the next set for my wife's CX-5 will be that tire as well.

Too bad they don't make them in the 20" size I need for my car...:pout:

Had them on bikes and cars, never had any complaints, and some of their bike tires are up there with the best.

I've run two sets now. Great tires. I tend to drive a "little" fast and never felt like these came "unstuck" from the road in any weather or speed. They were quiet, cornered well, actually got longer, safe and useful life out of them than I think Pirelli would have liked!

They are fine for cars, avoid the ATR truck tires...they are OEM on F-150s, .they are HORRIBLE, only set of tires I've ever been stuck in the sand in, not a true AT tire, more of an AS, worst tire I've ever had on a pickup, useless off-road. I ended up taking off my 2014 F-150 at 17,000 and giving them to my neighbor.

Back
Top Bottom