• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Places to Shoot Around Warner Robins

Hayata

Wolf Icon
Knock it off with them negative waves Moriarity!
177   0
Reaction score
Heading down to see my folks next weekend and wondered if anyone knew of a decent indoor or outdoor range in the area.

Also, any decent gun shops to visit?

Thanks!

It is getting harder to find places to shoot. The place I tend to shoot in Bulloch is gone and I'm not sure it will be available again. Good luck your not the only one looking. There is a nice range in Dublin which Appleseed has used but can't remember the name. Good hunting

Not much. For an indoor range, you have Eagle Gun Range open in Macon. For an outdoor range, you have the Ocmulgee WMA which is about 30 minutes south of Warner Robins.

For gun shops in WR, you have several smaller ones in Centerville and Chucks Pawn in WR. Chucks has a decent selection, but they are overpriced. The Rifleman on Hwy 247 in Macon, but just a little North of WR, has one of the best NFA collections in the state, but I am not sure if he is open on Saturday. If he is open, it is definitely worth the trip just to go view his collection. Also if you want to head West over to Barrow Firearms (about an hour outside of WR), they have a nice selection. And there are several other gun shops in Macon like A-Z Guns, Howard's Pawn, Firearms Traders Warehouse, and Ingleside Gun Works.

I'd tell you to come over to my house, but I am in the very slow process of building my range, and right now it's mostly just shooting at a steel target down in the gulley.

There is not many ranges in the area. The police department opens their range I think ever third Saturday to the public. Out near the Air Force base. You got Eagles Gun range in macon but no riffles. As for gun stores, you got a few options. Chucks pawn shop on Watson towards the Air Force base is good store but prices are either high or average. Centerville gun and pawn is decent but small inside. They are the are like women in their; someday they are biggest jerks and other days they are the nicest people. Weird but true.

My favorite place is Oak Ridge on Feagin Mill Road. Prices are a little higher but it's family owned and just a great little shop to go and talk to the owners. Not much of a selection but just a great place to go and talk firearms. Some old military surplus.

Not much. For an indoor range, you have Eagle Gun Range open in Macon. For an outdoor range, you have the Ocmulgee WMA which is about 30 minutes south of Warner Robins.

For gun shops in WR, you have several smaller ones in Centerville and Chucks Pawn in WR. Chucks has a decent selection, but they are overpriced. The Rifleman on Hwy 247 in Macon, but just a little North of WR, has one of the best NFA collections in the state, but I am not sure if he is open on Saturday. If he is open, it is definitely worth the trip just to go view his collection. Also if you want to head West over to Barrow Firearms (about an hour outside of WR), they have a nice selection. And there are several other gun shops in Macon like A-Z Guns, Howard's Pawn, Firearms Traders Warehouse, and Ingleside Gun Works.

I'd tell you to come over to my house, but I am in the very slow process of building my range, and right now it's mostly just shooting at a steel target down in the gulley.

Just was not as quick as you. Let me know if you ever need help building your range when I come home to visit family. Would not mind helping an ODT member out.

Just was not as quick as you. Let me know if you ever need help building your range when I come home to visit family. Would not mind helping an ODT member out.

Thanks for the offer. I have about a 200 yard long, somewhat winding gulley that is 20 - 30 yards wide and deep so it would make an awesome range. The only problem is chainsawing out some trees and underbrush and building some stairs down into it. I also have some areas where I will build a rifle range of around 200 yards, but one thing at a time. It is one of the main reasons I moved out of Atlanta - so I could walk outside my house to shoot and hunt.

Ok, so on my way out of town I stopped at Centerville Gun & Pawn.

SCORE!

They had 2 each Mecgar Browning Hi-Power mags in stock. Wha-whuuut!

Seriously, been looking for these all over and found them at CGP.

Great folks there, too. I wanna say I saw a .45acp XDs for $539.

Anyway, if you're in the area, stop by and check 'em out!

Back
Top Bottom