• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

Since my Driveway is 1,600 feet long and we have the ONLY House up in here, I think his INTENT could be reasonably INFERRED from his actions...Assuming he wasn't pointing the Gun AT me when I confronted him, I would probably give him a verbal warning...If he raised the Gun or continued walking towards me and the House, I've gotta' assume he's trying to make good on his earlier Threat, and I will act accordingly...
Works for me..

You do not have to know his "intent" in the state of Georgia.
You don't have to know it, but you have to have reasonable cause to believe he has the intent to cause you or a third person serious harm. Fear itself is not justification. There has to be reasonable cause for that fear.

In the example given earlier;
Intent: The perp had already expressed his intent beforehand.
Ability: He is armed with a handgun.
Opportunity: Unless there is some physical barrier that will effectively prevent him from entering the home, the fact he is there at all is his opportunity.

All three of these factors need to exist, or you must have reasonable cause to believe they exist, for it to be justifiable homicide when you kill him. Remove any one of those factors and a person could be in very serious trouble for killing someone in what they thought was self defense.

You don't have to know it, but you have to have reasonable cause to believe he has the intent to cause you or a third person serious harm. Fear itself is not justification. There has to be reasonable cause for that fear.

In the example given earlier;
Intent: The perp had already expressed his intent beforehand.
Ability: He is armed with a handgun.
Opportunity: Unless there is some physical barrier that will effectively prevent him from entering the home, the fact he is there at all is his opportunity.

All three of these factors need to exist, or you must have reasonable cause to believe they exist, for it to be justifiable homicide when you kill him. Remove any one of those factors and a person could be in very serious trouble for killing someone in what they thought was self defense.

Don't confuse the ABILITY/OPPORTUNITY/JEOPARDY (or similar wording, varies from area to area) that LEO's are commonly taught with what is in Georgia law.

The LE whose jurisdiction the bank is in has stated they will not be pursuing charges. Stated the guard acted in defense of his life and others.

Notice the guard limpwristed it and induced a malfunction, which he cleared.
I was wondering why he racked it, good eye!

OF COURSE it matters! If he doesn't pose a Threat to you RIGHT NOW, you're not justified in using Lethal Force--If you can't/don't/don't want to understand THAT, maybe you should re-think carrying a Firearm for Self-Defense...SHEESH!

So your definition of "right Now" is someone running away from you? Tell that to the jury. lol

Don't forget that would be a jury of your "peers". lol

Yeah i remember those videos. Crazy...guess its so hot your body wants to get away from heat at all costs.

ahh, yep.
seen a few of those, just not from those heights.
when that old fire and heat gets to you (along with the steam) you gonna go somewhere, period if you can.
the idea of people saying well if it was my kid I would have went in there and got them or no way would I have ran out of the house without my child has never been in those situations.
when actually faced with death you gonna usually choose life, gun shot victim or otherwise.
Damn that really HURT!!!
not like on TV/Movies!

OH, Jeez!
we have spun off into what if land!!
well what IF I was being attacked by a horde of Zombies and I shot 6 -7 of them, only to later find out that one was actually a living human being and was dressed up in a Haloween costume and acting like a Zombie?
would I be justified in shooting him/her in the forehead.
gosh this what ifs can go on forever and have very little to do with what happened in the video and this particular incident.

Back
Top Bottom