!!please, relax

He didn't actually SAY anything. I am completely unconvinced that he had any idea what he was talking about.

Most congressman don't but, I wouldn't put anything past the likes of Janet and BO, if you believe that those two have the best interest of the United States and it's citizens, ..........well then,......... you keep drinkin' the koolaid.

Early last year the claim was millions of rounds. I did the math and yeah it added up, training, duty carry, and time allowances with total number of DHS personnel. Yes there was nothing to see but fear mongering, then.

However, it appears yet more ammo has been requested and the number tossed around is currently is 1.6 "Billion". This number is far more than the "millions" claimed prior. The number comes from where? Is it incorrect? How does it support the DHS's role in training and duty?

I don't pay attention to "the sky is falling" mongering but I do try to be aware of what is going on around me. I have learned that what the leadership says is often just what they want us to know and spare the details since we are just more peasants to be controlled.

Forbes makes a good point. Discussion of just how the people's money is being spent on government ammo is appropriate. What are the real demands of use and does it correlate to the request or is it disproportional.

The use of civilian paper targets is not new but the recent outcry of the types of no shoot/shoot targets borders on or in reality is desensitization training. I'm uncomfortable with that. I say that after having been stationed and trained to shoot a woman or child that posed an imminent threat. We did not need a pic of a pregnant woman in a nursery with a gun to shoot at in order to assist in that decision nor do I feel any professional needs.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphbenko/2013/03/11/1-6-billion-rounds-of-ammo-for-homeland-security-its-time-for-a-national-conversation/

http://www.businessinsider.com/dhs-fletc-ammunition-purchases-750-million-200-million-40-caliber-rounds-2013-1

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom