• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Plumber needed ASAP (Kennesaw)

No2sc2

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
Reaction score
I don't know if another professional besides a plumber, but we need someone to come look and repair a leaking water pipe. It's the main water line that goes into the house from the water meter. We had a plumbing company come out and they wanted to "replace" the whole main line however we were warned ahead of time by a very person that's in the same business that dishonest plumbers would try and suggest that so it would be more money in their pockets. We found the leak but we need a professional to come and give a second opinion. The awesome plumber that gave us advice, said it does not need to be replaced, it can be repaired. So till its fixed, no water at the house at all so would be awesome if someone could come out ASAP and look at the problem!

My cell is 404-433-2952 if I don't answer, leave voicemail and I will call back within 2 minutes!

Thanks
Cong

Had this happen about ten years ago. Can't remember who we called. But, they just dug up next to the meter and replaced the broken pipe section near the meter. Didn't require replacing the whole line.

Depending on when the house was built, back in late 80's and early 90's they had used some plastic line which tends to bust. That company had a class action law suit and went bankrupt, I do believe the color of the line is blue or green. I had to replace mine couple of years ago and did verified with the County Water system that it was issue with the line. My house was built in 1987. (I recommend checking the color of the line to see it first)

I was just about to say that about the blue pipe, kamran77 kamran77

I replaced the whole line to my parents' house about six or seven years ago because of that cheap blue crap. All it takes is some good CPVC, the good pvc cement, the right fittings, and a LOT of digging.

Did you ever get that fixed, No2sc2 No2sc2 ?

And the biggest reason most plumbers will want to replace the whole main line is because it's no fun having people claim you didn't do the job right when you only dig up one section to repair it and it turns out that wasn't the only leak. If part of a water line is busted, chances are there's more than one weak spot in that pipe and it's better to just replace the whole thing rather than make two or three trips amidst arguing and wasted money.

Back
Top Bottom