PM or I'm Interested first?

If someone sends me a pm and says, "I'll take it" OR someone posts in the thread "I'll take it" whichever is first, that's who I'll set a meet with. Anything else is fishing without bait.

IMHO the first "I'll take it" or "I'll take it per our PMs" posted in the thread should get it. After that happens, if either buyer or seller backs out....ban hammer from selling/buying on the site. I am a member on two other sites that conduct business this way and both have much less drama with buying/selling/trading transactions than this site. I conduct my selling/trading business the same way here. Buying, well I am at the mercy of the seller. As always, YMMV'

To the OP.....I consider an "I'm interested" posted in a thread to be worthless.

If I get a reply either in the post or PM, I'll go in order up until a point. If the first person doesn't bother to respond back to me and I see they have been on since the initial reply, I'm moving to the next person.

Maybe "PM forthcoming" would be the best response?
Nothing wrong with that I guess. I actually prefer just to receive PMs with offers and can do without the "Wish you were closer", "I have x amount of cash in hand", "I am interested" type traffic in the thread. That's just my preference though. The sites that limit the for sale/trade thread traffic to "I'll take it" posts are just easier IMHO. I have bought/sold/traded quite a bit here, so I just work within/past the ground rules the site owner sets, no worries. The truth is, on this sight one can post just about anything one wants in a buy/sell/trade thread without much of a penalty. There is the way it ought to be, and there is the way it is. In this case, it's just easier to accept the way it is.

Welcome to the site. I am sure with the amount of concern you have about doing the right thing, you will have long and successful buying/selling/trading experience here. :yo:

"I'm interested" = "You got a purdy mouth, we jess needs to come to some sort of arrangement."
tmp_8385-images(26)-477803046.jpeg

Doesnt matter to some sellers. I like others go by first PM (If I will take it versus offer).

I sent an I will take it PM sometime ago , a good buddy sent one 30 mins later to same guy (we didnt know each were sending PM) seller took his offer and lied that other guy PM first.
He could meet quicker.
No matter no crime, but seller is on ignore list now.

Again no crime but seller isnt someone I will deal with because he lies,

Doesnt matter to some sellers. I like others go by first PM (If I will take it versus offer).

I sent an I will take it PM sometime ago , a good buddy sent one 30 mins later to same guy (we didnt know each were sending PM) seller took his offer and lied that other guy PM first.
He could meet quicker.
No matter no crime, but seller is on ignore list now.

Again no crime but seller isnt someone I will deal with because he lies,
And this is why I prefer the type of ground rules I posted in response #14. I don't know who this man is, but I don't want to deal with a man who lies either, and if he were held to a standard the site would put him on everybody's ignore list

Back
Top Bottom