• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Poison ivy/oak relief

Interesting. Thanks for sharing...
To clarify, do the two cakes of camphor equate to 2 oz? And would house brand aspirin suffice?
Just as long as it's not coated aspirin
The camphor gum comes in cakes that are about 1-1/4" square, about 3/8" thick, I have since found them at a pharmacy in Duluth also. I believe most would have them, especially a compounding pharmacy.

Once the Urishol oil is off the skin it can’t damage you anymore. Usually what you suffer with is the damage. I would totally find a doc that will give you a shot.
If you know you have poison Ivey on you wash it off with Clorox or any grease remover. The faster you get the oil off your skin the better.

I know I went to the doctors the first time that I got it, the prednisone didn't really do anything for me nor did the cream in comparison to the over the counter stuff like Tecnu.

Best thing I learned to do is any time I'm out doing stuff that I may com in contact with it is to wash down with dawn and a wash cloth after. Basically wash like your trying to get grease off. By doing this I may have a very small spot once in a while but that's it.

Ill be Trying that mixture listed prior though at some point.

Got a bad case of poison.ivy/oak that started on top of my head and is closing my right eye. My doctor is gone until next month. Anyone have any ideas? Prednisone doesn't seem to be helping much.View attachment 2548991
I got it about a month ago. I was helping my landlord's Salvadorans load black bamboo plants on a trailer. For the first few days I was worried because I had no idea what it was. Could've been a cardio thing as far as I know . Prednisone was the cure.

Back
Top Bottom