Poppin Tags at Goodwill - What is your best FIND EVER.

not a huge score but found a nearly new old coleman 290 powerhouse lantern with cover and everything for 5 bucks. its in damn good shape for being as old as i am
sim

not a huge score but found a nearly new old coleman 290 powerhouse lantern with cover and everything for 5 bucks. its in damn good shape for being as old as i am
sim
Certainly don't need another lantern but I'd have HAD TO have bought that. Well done. Case alone is worth more than that!

Best score, Fabric...bought for $30 to upholster an old couch. Looked it up after getting home, current price was over $3000. Lots of small stuff, knives, tools etc. Paid $3 for a device worth $300 that sort of thing. That said I see stuff all the time that I could buy cheaper brand new.

Commodity household items they seem to price close to retail. If they don't have an antiques sharp working there they'll often mis-price very valuable items. When the real estate market was super hot in Chicago I could pull several pounds of sterling out of thrift shops around the city each month. The kids were in a hurry to get Meemaw's house on the market. They didn't care about the stuff in the house. That was a bunch of old junk. So they'd donate everything. Glassware, tureens, china, flatware, Victorian jewelry, etc., they'd have no idea. $1.98. Everything was $1.98. The Mid Century ice bucket I posted earlier that I bought for $1.98 was selling on ebay in 2007 for more than $500 for good examples.

I've never scored as big as some of y'all high rollers, but I found an R2-D2 cake pan from the 80's with the original cardboard liner still in it at J&J Flea Market about 10 years ago.

The guy wanted $4 for it, but I got him down to $2. Sold it on eBay for $40

Not my pic, but same exact pan
IMG_0717.JPG

Another R2-D2 score for y'all....

I was driving through Royston one Saturday morning and saw one of these coolers sitting out at a yard sale.

IMG_0718.JPG

I ended up getting them down to $5 on it. I really didn't have room in my house for the big SOB, so it sat out on my front porch for a couple weeks until a woman pulled up in the yard one day and offered me $50 for it.

BYE BYE R2!

Another R2-D2 score for y'all....

I was driving through Royston one Saturday morning and saw one of these coolers sitting out at a yard sale.

View attachment 1258871

I ended up getting them down to $5 on it. I really didn't have room in my house for the big SOB, so it sat out on my front porch for a couple weeks until a woman pulled up in the yard one day and offered me $50 for it.

BYE BYE R2!

dude should have put taht **** up on here! i would have found room lol

Back
Top Bottom