• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PPS-43c

patracy

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
55   0
Reaction score
The most recent acquisition to the arsenal. Picked it up from Cherokee Pawn yesterday. Guess I'll send off a form 1 this week....

IMAG0627.jpg

Only thing I'm worried about is the hammer and firing pin. I've heard these are problematic. But I've also heard that dry firing is thought to compound this issue. The hammer does look dainty though. :/

It's not welded on mine. The locking bar is missing the spring/correct pin size. A little drilling of the rivet should release it. Then a little machine work for a new button/rod and a spring and it should be back in order.

I've got a parts kit/gun that I've had for a couple of years now. I've been planning/wanting to build it as funds allow. The FCG and bolt are complete. What's the ( legal) full auto part of this carbine?

The PPS was a SMG to start with that fired from an open bolt. If you look at your FCG it simply pulls the catch down and allows the bolt to slide forward to chamber the next round and fire. The ATF ruled back in 1982 that a weapon that fires from an open bolt is readily convertible to full auto. So anything built after that time must fire from a closed bolt.

Basically the FCG has to go out of this gun. It has to have a FCG that strikes the primer physically. Many home builds have resorted to using modified AK FCG or a remy 870 shotgun FCG.

ALSO you'll need to modify the bolt a bit. The bolt will have to be drilled for a firing pin. There's several ways of doing this. On top of that, you'll need to construct a blocking bar and groove the bolt. This will satisfy the ATF when it comes to the weapon not being easily converted back to auto fire.

Back
Top Bottom