• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

pre hysteria BLACKOUT?

I own an AR in 300 blackout and enjoy it. Ammo was common but hasn't made it into Walmart yet. I have a 30 cal can too so it's retarded fun together. Tried it on a couple deer this season with great results. If you build it and don't like it it's just a barrel change away from another 5.56 upper.

Blackout is best inside of 200 yards from everything I have read. My range only goes out to 100 so I didn't test it beyond 100. I'm sure you can get a bit more reach out of it, but 6.8 shoots flatter, further, and hits harder. Of course 6.8 is far from subsonic.

I agree with NWSS on this one.

The 6.8 is much better unless you plan on going suppressed. In my testing, a .300 BO is good either subsonic or supersonic, but not both. What that means is that if it shoots well subsonic, then it doesn't shoot well supersonic, and vise-versa. That is the biggest reason that Savage dropped it. The .300 BO is best when suppressed, just like the .300 Whisper that spawned it. If you are going to go Super, then go with the 6.8 SPC.

If you go 6.8, make sure you have earplugs or muffs. Loudest damn thing i ever shot in my life. But i love my 6.8! Just wish ammo was cheaper so i could play with it more.

Back
Top Bottom