Primer Lesson

I use mag primers in my magnum rounds, Large rifle in my .308 rounds. Primers can be swapped out mag for large and the other way around. Not sure why anyone would want to do so unless the correct primer was simply not available. Stixck with what is designed for the round you are loading and stay away from trial and error reloading you might have read on some interweb forum.

I use mag primers in my magnum rounds, Large rifle in my .308 rounds. Primers can be swapped out mag for large and the other way around. Not sure why anyone would want to do so unless the correct primer was simply not available. Stixck with what is designed for the round you are loading and stay away from trial and error reloading you might have read on some interweb forum.

Depends on the powder that is why I have some 308 WIN loads that I developed using mag primers.

I've used magnum primers in non-magnum rounds without issue, primarily with .223 and 9mm due to primer availability. They work just fine and I haven't noticed any accuracy or pressure issues.

For magnum cases, I'd stick to magnum primers.

Back
Top Bottom