• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Private message concern

dafcdf71f2e6fc55c2ca2498b50b16ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like Tom is in India.
Great grasp on English but just cant quite conjugate the verbs right.

LOL...you got'em by the codds now; Well Done Sir. Any redBlooded American (that was in the right) would'a been callin your Mama names....but "Tom" is beggin. They won't catch this douche but at least you got the last laugh. If he contacts you again I'd tell'em "I got some purdy goats I'd rent out" bahahahaha

Whatever you do, DO NOT cancel the claim. I've done business via PayPal for many years now. This is a classic scammer setup. Once you cancel the claim, you CANNOT reopen it ever again! Keep the claim open, and keep the stop payment open through your bank as well. You will get your money back. It might take a couple of weeks for PayPal to sort it out but you will get your refund since "Tom" won't be able to show proof that he physically shipped you anything.

Whatever you do, DO NOT cancel the claim. I've done business via PayPal for many years now. This is a classic scammer setup. Once you cancel the claim, you CANNOT reopen it ever again! Keep the claim open, and keep the stop payment open through your bank as well. You will get your money back. It might take a couple of weeks for PayPal to sort it out but you will get your refund since "Tom" won't be able to show proof that he physically shipped you anything.
Or Tom could ship you a pinecone in a box. Happened to someone I know. Freaking scumbags.

Or Tom could ship you a pinecone in a box. Happened to someone I know. Freaking scumbags.
True, but at that point you'd have a valid address and name to press criminal charges. MOST scammers won't do that. The one good thing about PayPal is it would force the scammer to use a valid name and address for tracking proof on the claim. That's why he needs to leave the claim open. The only way PayPal would close it is if the scammer provides valid documentation and proof it was delivered.

I get it, just saying that proof of shipping is not proof of what was shipped.
True, and that's a great point. But 99.9% of the time they don't because then somebody will have their real identity. They'd rather just take the loss when PayPal reverses and move on to the next victim. That's why they always ask people to pay them using "friends and family" because then they don't have to provide shipping proof like they do when it's "goods and services".

Back
Top Bottom