• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Problem with light strikes on Advantage Arms 22 Conversion on Glock host

If this is a used unit that has now begun to choke then most likely cack and crud in the firing pin channel. .22 LR is a filthy little beast. Pull the slide cover, pull the firing pin and spring and clean the parts as well as the firing pin channel and button it back up. It should be good to go until it gets cacked up again.

The slide not returning to full battery is another reason this might be. See if debris is preventing full return and insure the slide is well lubed. These kits like to run wet but wet draws and attracts cak so frequent cleaning is best.

Let us know what you come up with. Good luck.

If it's new then trouble shoot it starting from the pin, spring, channel, extractor etc. Observe all for binding, burs and damage.

Last edited:
It's been going on for some time. Was the occasional thing which has now developed into a regular thing. If I run CCI stingers through it, 3 or 4 out of 10 will fire. If I run any of the several subsonic rounds I have, only 1 out of 10 will fire.

My son says he's taken it apart and cleaned all grooves, channels, firing pin etc.. twice with almost no effect. I'll ask him about the slide.

Back
Top Bottom