• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Project Marlin

Well got the Marlin back together. Not too bad,but, I am not happy with the depth of bluing on the barrel so I will be tearing back down soon and off to the smith for a proper bluing treatment. The reciever turned out great, the barrel, not so much. The wood on this rifle is amazing and it deserves to be perfect, save the small sliver that is missing from the butt stock. Also need to find a screw as the one that was in the fore stock ring was not the proper one.
i50.tinypic.com_3020zep.jpg

i49.tinypic.com_281yflh.jpg

i46.tinypic.com_34940af.jpg

i49.tinypic.com_33jsdon.jpg

i46.tinypic.com_122ix36.jpg

what do ya charge to do this? this is looking great!

I wouldn't dream of trying to do this for $$$, I am a rookie at best. That said if you have one you would like some help with I am all in. I really enjoy reworking these old guns.

On a side note if anyone is bored this Thursday I am taking a trip to the range with a few of my pistols. Would love some company. Probably going to High Caliber or maye GA Firing line mid morning as I have a meeting @6:30pm in Roswell. Just let me know if anyone wants to tag along.

What did you strip the metal parts with? Seems like I would prefer to media blast it to avoid the sanding marks, but I also cant really see them in your blued product, but cant tell because of the pictures.

Back
Top Bottom