Project pics G.24(t)

mo mauser

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
I been working on this one for several years. Stock was toast when I bought it...the whole thing was being held together with packing tape. The action and metal parts were seized due to whatever lube was used on it turning to a gluish/lacquer substance. I soaked all the metal parts for @ 1 1/2 years in a combo of diesel fuel and ATF. About two months ago I finally got the bolt apart. Finally after several near misses and failed auction attempts I found a replacement stock. I still need to clean it up some more, replace the firing pin spring, and add a rear action screw. I need to find pics from when I first bought it and post. Mo

Christmas pics 2014 061.jpgcarcano 012.jpgcarcano 010.jpgcarcano 006.jpg

The crack on this one started at recoil lug and went all the back...almost making the stock two pieces. How bad is yours? It could be repaired. I've fixed a couple that looked and functioned good. And I'm no wood expert. I've used threaded rod, epoxy and dowel rod.

Thanks. Here are a few pics of it when I bought it. Note the packing tape holding it together and the bolt was frozen and wouldn't cam into to action. Also someone had installed a bolt with square nut as a poor repair.

April 2012 151.jpg100_2533.jpg100_2534.jpg

Back
Top Bottom