• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Protective Measures class in Atlanta/ Marietta

protective measures

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
232   1
Reaction score
Wow..... Thanks for all of the inquiries & recent attendees at Protective Measures of people from Atlanta, Athens, Dallas, etc.

I really appreciate your taking the time to drive up here & train with us.

It looks like I am going to be having the classroom portion of our class somewhere down in or near Marietta very soon.

It will be followed a few days later by the range session at my private range off of I-75 in North Ga.

There are a few spots left if anyone else would like to join us or possibly attend a second class at a later date.
I am also in discussion with someone to use their range down that way to do the whole class (Basic Defensive Pistol) there.
Please PM me if you would be interested in other option.

Thanks. be safe, & hope to see you on the range soon.

Last edited:
I have a record of those of you who have requested to be placed on the "would like to attend" list.
Still working on the venue (range & classroom) but expect to have it locked down soon.
We will limit this first class to 8-12 people & we already have 5 or 6 slots reserved pending final set of time & date.

Thanks for the continued inquiries.

Yes... still working on the venue. I've had a couple of courteous members suggest some range to host this at so I will be talking to them this coming week.
We will get this done sometime within the next couple of months.

Put mrs. dougiemac on the list. I'd like to get my wife some additional training.

Depending on how many responses I get along w/ the level of experience of the attendees I may wind up doing 2.

As many of the "serial trainers" & Instructors know when training you cannot go faster than the slowest student.

In order for everyone to get the most of the class, it helps if you can have shooters that have similar levels of skill.

More experienced shooters who have their safety & basic manipulations down can go faster whereas the newer less experienced shooters need more time to build that all important foundation of safe & solid fundamentals.

I believe we may break this up into 2 separate groups.
A Basic group starting from ground zero for some of the ladies & men who have never taken a formal training class and a more advanced Basic one that would go faster & possibly introduce some more advanced elements such as shooting one-handed, shooting from close retention, & shooting fast while under a bit of physical & mental stress.

So you got slots left?

A few. I'm going to keep it small... between 4-8 shooters per class so there can be more personal attention.
As of right now it looks like there will be at least (2) classes.
A basic "Basic" ...& a more advanced "Basic" w/ some more advanced elements for shooters that are further along.

My goal is for each person to get the maximum value out of the class. Since you cannot go faster in class than the slowest student it is better to have shooters of similar skill levels whenever possible.
I will also be bringing lots of "loaner" guns so people can try out some different platforms.

As of now am still providing free .22 ammo for the ladies when they use my .22 revolvers & semi-autos to increase both their enjoyment & skill acquisition w/o being overwhelmed by the recoil & muzzleblast of the larger centerfire guns.

I've had very good success introducing ladies into the world of shooting using this method.
Most new shooters cannot fire 150-300 rds. of centerfire ammo w/o reaching "sensory overload" so using .22 pistols that work just like the larger guns helps them tremendously in my experience.

And for the shooters ready for more challenging drills... careful what you ask for. We will do some drills to elevate your mental & physical stress to (safely) simulate real world scenarios & see how you perform.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom