PSA AK47

I had good service out of the PSA AR I bought. It was accurate and never failed to operate. It has made for a very nice weapon for the price I paid for it. Given the difference that is required in building and AR and an AK though, I'd be less likely to trust their AK offering sight unseen, which would probably be the same for any company. As far as arfcom, some of the biggest dumbness I've ever seen post on there as regulars. I'd still like to know where PSA sourced their parts from and who they hired to build the AKs. Still want to see one of the AKs for myself to observe the craftsmanship. If they make one for $500, there would be shortcuts somewhere that I would be unwilling to accept. I'd rather pay $750 for a well built AK than $400 for a sloppily built one. PSA has proven they can make a good AR for a good price. If their AK is built with similar, relative quality as their AR, $750 is a good price.

If they have the same track record with it as the AR, it will be a hit. All of the AR parts are sourced from well known vendors like LW Schneider, Anchor Harvey, Wilson, FN of course, Aero & ToolCraft off the top of my head. While I know specs can differ from each end purchaser, and many have suggested PSA as a lower tier, I've yet to see any personal nor actual published knowledge to establish it. Only thing on my ARs I've wondered about is the HPT/MPI bolts but as of yet no problems and none that I know of reported. Here's to hoping they follow that record, and with the sheer numbers they sell, I'd imagine they can still produce a highly competent product at a lower price point. Time will tell though.

As far as ARFcom, you ain't kiddin' about some of the idiot regulars on there, but as a whole most are helpful and while some are blindly brand loyal you can usually trust the consensus. Kinda like this forum sometimes.

I had good service out of the PSA AR I bought. It was accurate and never failed to operate. It has made for a very nice weapon for the price I paid for it. Given the difference that is required in building and AR and an AK though, I'd be less likely to trust their AK offering sight unseen, which would probably be the same for any company. As far as arfcom, some of the biggest dumbness I've ever seen post on there as regulars. I'd still like to know where PSA sourced their parts from and who they hired to build the AKs. Still want to see one of the AKs for myself to observe the craftsmanship. If they make one for $500, there would be shortcuts somewhere that I would be unwilling to accept. I'd rather pay $750 for a well built AK than $400 for a sloppily built one. PSA has proven they can make a good AR for a good price. If their AK is built with similar, relative quality as their AR, $750 is a good price.
I disagree. The more that sell, the more they source from their manufacturers, the more buying power, and the lower prices start to come. Case and point are the PA10 lowers. Started at $159, and now regularly go on sale for $99. These may be $750 AK's now, but will probably be $5-$550 soon enough.

Still love my $400 WASR 10/63. I can wait for these to come WAY down in price...

If they have the same track record with it as the AR, it will be a hit. All of the AR parts are sourced from well known vendors like LW Schneider, Anchor Harvey, Wilson, FN of course, Aero & ToolCraft off the top of my head. While I know specs can differ from each end purchaser, and many have suggested PSA as a lower tier, I've yet to see any personal nor actual published knowledge to establish it. Only thing on my ARs I've wondered about is the HPT/MPI bolts but as of yet no problems and none that I know of reported. Here's to hoping they follow that record, and with the sheer numbers they sell, I'd imagine they can still produce a highly competent product at a lower price point. Time will tell though.

As far as ARFcom, you ain't kiddin' about some of the idiot regulars on there, but as a whole most are helpful and while some are blindly brand loyal you can usually trust the consensus. Kinda like this forum sometimes.

Thats a big "if" though given the difference in construction requirements between ARs and AKs. What I am saying is if it did cost $500, I wouldn't want it. That would mean they were using mil rejected parts like used on wasrs and/or inconsistent/unknowledgable builders which would be more of a problem with their AKs than the ARs they have been selling for years. At $750, they have my interest piqued. I'm looking forward to seeing one in person.

I disagree. The more that sell, the more they source from their manufacturers, the more buying power, and the lower prices start to come. Case and point are the PA10 lowers. Started at $159, and now regularly go on sale for $99. These may be $750 AK's now, but will probably be $5-$550 soon enough.

Still love my $400 WASR 10/63. I can wait for these to come WAY down in price...

Yeah they re ok for range toys. I wouldn't trust an AK made with military rejected parts with an eye towards speed by no talent builders with my life though.

As for the price coming down, something has to give when producing an AK that cheap. I'd rather have one that lasts and built correctly than a closet full of substandard models

Everything is unproven at some point, give them time...as with cars, electronics, and yes guns, I'll wait and see how the first batch turn out before making my decision.
Yep, look at the first AR/M16'
Huh? You saying PSA ARs are of the same quality as DD, BCM?
premium ones are. Find specs that are "better" for either.

Back
Top Bottom