PSA AK47

It's disappointing to see them at $750 when everyone at shot show was saying sub-$700....the semi-official rumor was $650. Quite a price jump.

It's disappointing to see them at $750 when everyone at shot show was saying sub-$700....the semi-official rumor was $650. Quite a price jump.
There is a video on youtube of the rep holding the PSA AK that had a side rail, quoting $600 price point.

Now we get no rail and $150 jump.

I'd have to see one in person before I made any judgement at any price. More labor and skill involved in making an AK than their ARs. Are they building them in house? Who produced the parts? $750 is very reasonable depending on the specifics of how its made. I don;t think they can produce a good AK for $500 and I would steer clear of a $500 PSA AK until I could see one and get specifics for myself.

PSA doesn't make anything in house. They're outsource kings.

That matters not to me if the parts they are purchasing for their assemblies are of good quality at a reasonable price, in that regard I think their growth is directly attributed to price/quality standpoint as their are surely more and less expensive alternatives offering similar if not identical specs and parts. If the consensus on ARFcom is GTG, most generally it is and I've yet to have a single hiccup out of the 3 I own from them. It won't take the place of my Colt, but I wouldn't be afraid to have to resort to using it with my life on the line.

That matters not to me if the parts they are purchasing for their assemblies are of good quality at a reasonable price, in that regard I think their growth is directly attributed to price/quality standpoint as their are surely more and less expensive alternatives offering similar if not identical specs and parts. If the consensus on ARFcom is GTG, most generally it is and I've yet to have a single hiccup out of the 3 I own from them. It won't take the place of my Colt, but I wouldn't be afraid to have to resort to using it with my life on the line.

I had good service out of the PSA AR I bought. It was accurate and never failed to operate. It has made for a very nice weapon for the price I paid for it. Given the difference that is required in building and AR and an AK though, I'd be less likely to trust their AK offering sight unseen, which would probably be the same for any company. As far as arfcom, some of the biggest dumbness I've ever seen post on there as regulars. I'd still like to know where PSA sourced their parts from and who they hired to build the AKs. Still want to see one of the AKs for myself to observe the craftsmanship. If they make one for $500, there would be shortcuts somewhere that I would be unwilling to accept. I'd rather pay $750 for a well built AK than $400 for a sloppily built one. PSA has proven they can make a good AR for a good price. If their AK is built with similar, relative quality as their AR, $750 is a good price.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom