• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

PTSD

Drs today are scared to death to actually treat these problems correctly. They say that the addiction rate, the PTSD…ALL THAT CRAP, does worse than any good. I SAY ITS ALL BULLCRAP !!
They know better !
Finding a good doc to help with your problems is going to be very difficult.
May want to try a Methadone clinic for the meds. They will help you get to a level that is therapeutic. It takes time and work though.
Good luck bro…I pray you find a solution!

WOW….
What exactly triggered this PTSD on you my friend? If you remember…
I remember, my job started in Rescue, Honor Guard the Aircraft and flying, between the ones you can save , the ones you have to bury , and the ones you have to fly back in both situations. My last years were good, except going back to the same desert **** box in 03 before the war kicked off again. ISR platform then, and 140 babies to deal with.

That’s the cliff notes. Hope that does it, it’s all you get

I'm thankful I don't have many lingering effects. I know people who have had a lot of trouble with PTSD though. I notice that people becoming extremely withdrawn can lead to spiraling. Sometimes engaging with others, even when we don't want to, seems to help people level off a little bit. That's my completely unprofessional observation. If the VA isn't helping, maybe you can consider talking to a counselor outside that system. Hope you can find some peace and have more opportunity to enjoy life.

I'm thankful I don't have many lingering effects. I know people who have had a lot of trouble with PTSD though. I notice that people becoming extremely withdrawn can lead to spiraling. Sometimes engaging with others, even when we don't want to, seems to help people level off a little bit. That's my completely unprofessional observation. If the VA isn't helping, maybe you can consider talking to a counselor outside that system. Hope you can find some peace and have more opportunity to enjoy life.

This highlights the advantage of having an actual service animal. Actually two advantages, aside from the work or tasks they're trained for.

First, if you have a tendency to withdraw or isolate, the dog can actually lead to interaction with others. People will ask if they can pet or say hello. With a psychiatric service animal it's situation dependent and dependent on your dog's socialization level. It can lead to conversations with other people or veterans who are curious. The dog becomes a way of pulling you out of your shell. Yes, there'll be days and situations where you'll have to hard pass on interacting with those curious about your service animals.

Second, a service animal can provide you an excuse to gracefully extract yourself from events or people that make you uncomfortable. Just say the dog needs to go to the bathroom, or needs exercise or needs water. Your service animal is your tool. Use it to help you.

I started teaching my new class today. I felt ok at first but by the time I was done 4 hours later I felt like I was going to pass out. Started getting words mixed up at the end and it felt like a prison. Now I'm sitting here angry. I just want to feel halfway good. I want to be able to sleep. I want to be able to do the things that normal 47yo men do. I can't though. I try to pay people to do the things I can't and every time they half ass it. I paid a guy more than 30 bucks an hour to rake a little dirt around and I'm going to have to pay someone else to do it right. I've always had some anger problems but it's getting bad now. I don't trust a single human on this earth. I feel like I probably earned all of this. I'm not feeling good.

I started teaching my new class today. I felt ok at first but by the time I was done 4 hours later I felt like I was going to pass out. Started getting words mixed up at the end and it felt like a prison. Now I'm sitting here angry. I just want to feel halfway good. I want to be able to sleep. I want to be able to do the things that normal 47yo men do. I can't though. I try to pay people to do the things I can't and every time they half ass it. I paid a guy more than 30 bucks an hour to rake a little dirt around and I'm going to have to pay someone else to do it right. I've always had some anger problems but it's getting bad now. I don't trust a single human on this earth. I feel like I probably earned all of this. I'm not feeling good.

What class? Can you do it until you get burned out and then have like a break and swap out with another instructor?

Well brother, it took me a very long time to admit I had issues. It took even longer for me to do something about it. I will tell you this, I ended up seeing a psychiatrist and at first I was skeptical but after a few weeks, things started to get a little better.
I don’t want to go into details but getting help is the first of many steps. I’ve been carrying this burden for a long time and I’ve been working on a resolution for years. I don’t think it will ever be resolved but at least I can deal with it (some what).
Find a professional you can talk to, it’s a long road but you will feel so much about yourself and life.
If you ever want to sit down and talk let me know. PM me and I’ll give you my number. I’m not a professional but I’m a good listener and I will help you any way I can.

Back
Top Bottom