• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

PTSD

Well brother, it took me a very long time to admit I had issues. It took even longer for me to do something about it. I will tell you this, I ended up seeing a psychiatrist and at first I was skeptical but after a few weeks, things started to get a little better.
I don’t want to go into details but getting help is the first of many steps. I’ve been carrying this burden for a long time and I’ve been working on a resolution for years. I don’t think it will ever be resolved but at least I can deal with it (some what).
Find a professional you can talk to, it’s a long road but you will feel so much about yourself and life.
If you ever want to sit down and talk let me know. PM me and I’ll give you my number. I’m not a professional but I’m a good listener and I will help you any way I can.

^^^^This, right here.^^^^

I worked a lot with people suffering from many types of trauma when I was a psychotherapist. I recommend trying different groups and counselors to try and find one you mesh well with. I view therapy like finding a jiujitsu coach personally, got to find the one that fits best with you. I hope the best for you

Any of y'all suffering through it? I never admitted to myself that I had it until very recently. I have been reflecting lately and I think it's time to confront it. Sleeping on the couch for 15 years and being on high alert 24/7 should have been enough for me to wake up to it. I felt like I was too strong or some dumb **** that it couldn't happen to me. Well it did. I've suffered for a long time. I know I'm not the only one on here. How do y'all get through it? I'm at the age that drinking it away is no longer an option. The VA tries but they are so bad at it. I'm searching but it's tough.
It's okay to be gay, brother. It doesn't carry the stigma it once did. You can be as flaming and flamboyant as you want to be.

Let it all hang out and be free...

Sorry for your troubles.

I have problems. Drs could never come up with a diagnosis just yep there is something the matter with you.

The VA docs are just trying to check boxes and kick people out so they can check boxes on the next guy. I'm sick of trying with them. Going to a different doc tomorrow. Hopefully she will listen.

The VA docs are just trying to check boxes and kick people out so they can check boxes on the next guy. I'm sick of trying with them. Going to a different doc tomorrow. Hopefully she will listen.

Yeah man, VA for regular appointments, dental, etc has been great, but as soon as you ask for a counselor they either want to throw meds at you or stop responding to appointment requests. Its crazy. I even did a walk in appointment and they told me to go away...lol. Literally told me they cant help me since I didnt want meds. I was like WTF??

do what you gotta do. It never gets better and never goes away but you learn to deal with it. Its hard so damn hard but stick with it and prove em wrong. Be stronger than they are. Good luck my friend

yeah, I think they love to try and remedy the situation with meds, but I think a happy medium is the perfect harmony of medication, therapy, familial support, community, and self motivation/resilience. I would say to look into telehealth options too.

Back
Top Bottom