Question about a gun's value

rnfarley

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
91   0
Reaction score
Hey folks, I have a gun that I have no idea what it's worth. It's a savage model 311 side by side 20 ga that's years old, and I don't believe has ever been shot. It's been in the family for years and I'm pretty sure hasn't been shot. wood and bluing look awesome. There are two bead sights in line...I guess to make sure your shot is online and the bore looks spotless.

Anyway I have no idea where to start on the pricing ... do you have any advice?

Gunbroker.com has a bunch (40) listed in different gauges and range in price from $73 to $500. U don't see a 20 gauge one that's near this nice condition and was just wondering how to figure all that out short of taking it to a gunsmith or something...

Thanks in advance for any help.

There are many different grades of 311's. Many of the ones made during the last 30 or so years have painted hardwood stocks with pressed in, or no checkering at all. Being a 20 ga. may add, to some. Gunbroker is your best resource. Were you checking the closed auctions? Below is a link to one in very good condition that sold for $299.00. Good Luck with it, Chuckdog.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=208010564

I have a Stevens Model 311C 12 gauge. The values will run all over depending on conditon. I agee with Chuckdog about all the different variations, and that the 20 gauge might be a little higher. In the end, the value of the weapon is what someone will pay for it, but Chuckdog gave you a good place to start.

Thanks everyone!

I did a little more research thanks to shabam's PM and found out it's a "series H". Also, I didn't think about checking the ended auctions on gunbroker...thanks for that tip Chuckdog.

Apparent'y the blue book of gun values rate it anywhere from $450 to $1000 depending on condition and model...that's not super helpful but at least establishes some boundaries...

Back
Top Bottom