• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Question about a WILL, any ODT lawyers available ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PA4476

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
168   0
Reaction score
My mother made her will in 2003. She now wishes to make a change in who gets what.

Does she need to return to her lawyers office to make the changes ?

Just make a new will ?

Or ??

This is here in Ga if it makes any diff.

thanks for any help.

You do not need to go back to a lawyers office. Any new WILL will supersede the old one.

Ok, but all she wants to change is that now her 2 sons, and 2 step sons split everything 4 ways. (this is how it is now)

She wants to change it to where only her 2 sons split it 2 ways. Cutting the 2 step sons out. ( they didn't even come to their dads funeral )

Yep, and I don't "need" to get the brakes on my vehicle replaced by a mechanic but I do.
Simple changes to a will should not cost her much and willbe be worth the piece of mind knowing it was done right.

Ok, but all she wants to change is that now her 2 sons, and 2 step sons split everything 4 ways. (this is how it is now)

She wants to change it to where only her 2 sons split it 2 ways. Cutting the 2 step sons out. ( they didn't even come to their dads funeral )

Ouch. Hope you guys work it out eventually.

Anyway, for the will, get a lawyer. That sounds messy.

Just get a bottle of white-out and make any needed changes.

Seriously, get a lawyer. With the changes she wants to make its going to cause problems later, make sure its done correctly.

It's well worth the few bucks to hire an attorney to get it done properly. You need to have 2 witnesses who are not related to you and ensure that it's done properly from a legal standpoint. It's better to deal with this now than to risk winding up in court later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom