Question about gun prices

Some folks bought guns when they first came out,and not many were available,or "hard-to-find",so they paid top dollar.Later on,same gun sells for less,as they become more common.For instance,I paid $500, new, for a M&PC when they were scarce,which was a good price.Now I`ve seen them new for as low as $375.I wouldn`t try to get my money back on it,but some folks will try.Another for instance,I can get a Ruger Ranch at Walmart for $617 plus tax.Hard to find a used one on here for less than $550,unless it`s an early model(accuracy problems on those).Some guns hold their value,no such thing as a "used"price. At least,on here,no tax,no paper trail,though most folks want some ID to cover their tail if the gun is used in a crime.

Thank you all for your input. I'll be patient, look for a good buy, and make a reasonable offer....maybe even on a Gen 4, if I find that it fits. I'm not cheap. I don't want to lowball anyone, nor do I really want to buy a used gun for the same price as a new one. Those wiser than me have told me that you get what you pay for with guns, and I've tried to take heed to that idea. In the mean time, I'll ignore the idiots, assume that members of the site deal with integrity, and I look forward to paying a fair price when opportunity presents itself. Thank you all again- Question answered well by all.

Price right for the right brand = sale
Priced high and non-negotiable for the right brand = no sale
Same gun relisted over and over, regardless of brand = asking price too high
Good gun with a good price that doesn't sell = not the "it" brand
Glock = overpriced, most of the time, but evidently people are paying the prices, so = sale
Real bargain, regardless of brand = sold immediately

that pretty much sums it up

Yea, you will avoid shipping or FFL fees here. But what I didn't hear said was that you won't pay taxes here. And you very often, for the retail price of a gun, get a holster or ammo included. Also, yea, the federales don't know what you own. That may become REAL important in the next few decades!!!

No it won't. The reality is, the gov't isn't going to come and take your guns.

Some folks bought guns when they first came out,and not many were available,or "hard-to-find",so they paid top dollar.Later on,same gun sells for less,as they become more common.For instance,I paid $500, new, for a M&PC when they were scarce,which was a good price.Now I`ve seen them new for as low as $375.I wouldn`t try to get my money back on it,but some folks will try.Another for instance,I can get a Ruger Ranch at Walmart for $617 plus tax.Hard to find a used one on here for less than $550,unless it`s an early model(accuracy problems on those).Some guns hold their value,no such thing as a "used"price. At least,on here,no tax,no paper trail,though most folks want some ID to cover their tail if the gun is used in a crime.

I paid $ 475 for my M&Pc back in late November. After searching all over, that was the lowest I could find. I ended up seeing that DSS had them for $ 399, but that was a special sale and isn't the norm. Around the metro area, the M&P is still going for around $ 500 to $ 535 brand new, so don't feel bad, you didn't overpay.

Hi,
I am relatively new to the site, but I notice that many people are selling used guns for the price of new guns. Please educate me because I do not know. How are people able to do this, when after a couple of clicks through the internet, the same gun could be acquired new through some online vendor for the same price? My second question deals with quality. How do you know that the firearm is of actual quality, and not just some headache - with jams or FTEs-that someone just wants to pass on to you? I've had these questions for a while and I figured you could clear this up for me.
Thanks,
Edgar
If you don't like the price you don't have to buy it it is that simple

some people are just like used car salesmen and trying to rip ya off.

other folks over paid to begin with and wanna get their money back

some still just dont know

to keep the peace, ignore the high priced idiots and move on. they will get the message when their gun doesnt sell. so dont comment, unless its an outlandish lie then contact a mod

X2,

Seriously??!!
Do we have to keep enduring these threads?
If you dont like the price...dont buy it. Simple really....

You don't have to endure anything. You didn't have to click on the thread. You didn't have to leave a comment. Why do you care if a new person has a question about forum pricing?

Form 4473 is my theory ..... Or the lack there of....

If you have purchased one or one hundred, "They know". woopidy doo!!
Prices have been the reason on the last four I have gotten, were baught at my favorite local pawn shop.
Im talking the new ones I got and the used, The prices were cheaper, and not by just a few dollars.
Starting to wonder if there was some crazy driven 2012 price push going on?

Back
Top Bottom