Ya'll are gonna laugh at this but hey, I have no pride any more so I'll just throw it out there. There are some critters in my back yard (which is large and wooded) and I wanna see what's out there at night. Additionally, there are a pair of rats that live in a little culvert out in the yard that are just MOCKING me, so I want to use NV and my air rifle to dispatch them to the giant cheese wheel in the sky.

I know, I know......rat traps are cheaper, but FAR less fun!

Well, mounting up weapons mounted NV may be an issue on an air rifle. Personally, if that was all I needed done I would just get a green varmint light for a whole lot less. Also, although NV weapons mounted devices may be rated up to lets just say, .308, .223 or 50 BMG doesnt mean it will survive an air rifle. Air rifles recoil both directions and will typically destroy optics that are designed for centerfire cartridges.

Right, already ruled out weapon mount for that (and other) reasons Burdy. Considering only head mount units now, and although my two rats are the first order of business, wandering around out in the woods at night is also of interest.

Right, already ruled out weapon mount for that (and other) reasons Burdy. Considering only head mount units now, and although my two rats are the first order of business, wandering around out in the woods at night is also of interest.
Binos are the bees knees but if budget didn't allow just get you a pvs-14 of some sort and an IR aiming laser. NV without an IR laser is just an observation device in my mind.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

My EOTech has NV mode
It doesn't even need NV mode to work since the mono or bino will be behind it a great distance. Even still, looking through helmet mounted goggles of any sort and lining them up to a weapons mounted optic is leaps and bounds more cumbersome and difficult than pointing a laser.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

TNVC has a lot of good information about night vision. If you can afford a 3 you want a 3 . The higher end 2+ would be as low as you want to go. You want a helmet mount even with a bump helmet of some sort

Back
Top Bottom