• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Question about Posting of Complete AR uppers

fredsidney

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
161   0
Reaction score
I have a question about the proper location to post a Complete (Barreled AR upper with BCG) AR uppers should be posted. In the reading of the current rules it seems that they can be placed in the rifle or pistol section (I assume depending on barrel length) However I have seen the both there and in the Accessories section. I can certainly understand it belonging in the Accessories section because it is Gun Part and not a lower.

This may be a rule that is currenly being modified. I re-listed a Complete Upper in the the Rifle section last night and it has been moved to the Accessories section today.

Again I have no issue with the placement I just want to make sure that I did not miss read the current rules and if they are changing (which I actually think make sence) we let eveyone know they changing

It should technically be in the accessory section since the lower is considered the "firearm" according to the BATFE but honestly we don't do a good job of enforcing it.

a lower can be placed in either section if it does/has not had a rifle buffer attached to it.
easy way to look at is if it can be sold across state lines between individuals it should go in accessories, if not it should be in firearms

Is it a buffer or a stock? I had heard that the important thing was that the buffer tube not be able to accept a shoulder stock. A full length tube is required to use a 22lr conversion kit, which is what I am concerned about for my AR pistol plans.

Thanks for everone's reponce. I do agree the right place for posing any part including a complete upper should be in the accessoires area. I would just ask that we update the posting rule to reflect that. As long as the rules specificly state that you can post a "complete upper" in the pistol or rifle section people will continue to post uppers in those sections and when they are moved they are going to ask why.

Back
Top Bottom