Question for Blade makers....

I've tried to keep my costs down so most anyone can afford them but I don't have the time to make enough unfortunately. For me this was always intended to be a hobby but one that I'm losing money on. I will have to go up in price just to keep buying more materials.

If anyone is curious you can look online to get an idea of what materials cost. By cost I mean to an end user or small maker, I'm pretty sure Buck, Gerber, Kershaw or similar are buying for much less. I also like to use known quality steel and handle material. That means buying from Also, Pops, or one of the other vetted sites.
Yup to all this...

Call this guy!!!

I have seen several of the MAC customs. They are truly works of art. The fit and finish are second to none. You would not be disappointed with one of his.

20+ years ago I took a knife making class from his uncle Charles , I think, and Lou Hedgedus (I think that's how you spell it). If he is half as good as Charles was, then he makes excellent knives.

Mac, is Charles your uncle?

If I could have a custom knife made for me.....

I think I would want a 3-4 in blade with a grip that's not too thick. I carry a folding/ locking Sheffield knife now all day long in my front pocket. It has a clip and folds up and is small enough to edc but is useful. I own a small business and am opening and cutting stuff all day long. A custom knife would have to fit in my back pocket and or my front with out being showy. Make sense?

Back
Top Bottom