Question on Glock serial numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joewilly

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
261   0
Reaction score
I'm confused. I have Glock with a serial number ending with "US". I have been told that means it was imported by Glock to the US. What the heck, I thought they were all imported. I have read online that some serial numbers ending in US are ones that were made for police agencies. ie NYPD234US. What's the read scoop here?

Last edited:
Serial #s and Other Markings

Note: Glocks with commemorative markings have their own section here

My Glock has serial number xxxyyy, when was it made?
First, check this thread over at GlockTalk.com to see if it is listed there. If it's not in that list try this tool at TopGlock.com. If that fails call Glock with your serial number and they will tell you the date of your gun.

What do Glock serial numbers mean?
Glock started with serial number "AA000". The serial numbers went up to "AA999" and then rolled over to "AB000", etc. Once they reached "ZZ999", it rolled over to "AAA000", and so on. Pistols imported into the United States have a "US" on the end of the serial number on the frame.

There are some Glock pistols with custom serial numbers.When asked to make custom serial numbers for Police Agencies making large orders, Glock uses the initials of the department, a four digit number and the "US" designation. For example, the Detroit Police Department had this done. Their pistols have a serial number like "DPD0001US". [John Hollister]

Why does my frame/slide/barrel have a G#### / S#### / L#### serial number?
Replacement frames slides and barrels have special serial numbers. The serial number consists of a single letter followed by 4 digits:
G#### for replacement frames
S#### for replacement slides
L#### for replacement barrels

The prefixes seem to fit with the German translation of the part they represent:
G = Griffstück (frame)
S = Schlitten (slide)
L = Lauf (barrel)

What is a J#### serial number?
Glock prototypes and other parts for internal use only are given a special serial number. The number is a J followed by four numbers (J####), J1234 for example. This number is used because the letter J is not included in any other Glock gun codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom