Question: Travel with a can?

bluesman2a

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
32   0
Reaction score
We're heading to see some friends in Tennessee, this is obviously crossing state-lines. I would like to bring one of my cans for plinking with the kids.
What do I need to do in order to stay legal?

If it makes any difference this is on trust paperwork and I have a CWL in Georgia.

An ATF form for travel must be filed. I can't remember the form number as I have never traveled with mine.

no forms are needed for a suppressor all other NFA items require a form 5320 i belive. they will approve a 5320 for a can but its not needed as long as the state/states you are going to and thru allow them.

no forms are needed for a suppressor all other NFA items require a form 5320 i belive. they will approve a 5320 for a can but its not needed as long as the state/states you are going to and thru allow them.

My understand was that 5320's are needed for all interstate travel with NFA items regardless what it is and if the state allows it?

My understand was that 5320's are needed for all interstate travel with NFA items regardless what it is and if the state allows it?

A quick Google search says a 5320.20 is not required for cans between suppressor friendly states.

Suppressors isn't listed on the travel form but NFA branch will approve it if submitted.

Back
Top Bottom