• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

QuickLoad software?

SpeedyR

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
124   0
Reaction score
so I've always heard in reloading discussions about QuickLoad software for checking loads and other data related to hand loading.

I found it online, looks like it's UK based and no downloads, and no Mac version (not as big a deal but I did get a silicon mac recently).

anyone have any thoughts on it and if it's worth it?

I have a few odd/older calibers, as well as some stuff that's a bit out of the norm (custom lead molds for things like a 6.8spc) where it might be nice to have some additional data point for reloading...

It's a good program for guesstimate oddball loads. I've never dabbled so I've never purchased it. Everyone who buys it seems happy with it though

I bought it a couple months ago. Thought it might help me come up with some 6.8 Western loads. I entered tons of info into the program, measured fired case volumes, measured bullet dimensions, etc and the velocities it came up with were WAY off what I was getting. So I haven't messed with it since. I need to use it for another more common cartridge to see if its predictions are more inline with real world.

Back
Top Bottom