• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Quiet Powderless 22lr

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will ricochet off of a cross tie. I know from experience. Bounced back a hit my neighbor in the crotch.

The regular colibris will bounce back from one of those pass thru, self healing Orange plastic targets at 7 yards

Gun Digest out of a 22 1/2 barrel - the super colibris 11 fpe, the Colibris 6 fpe. Less than a decent pellet gun. I love them.

Keep your ears open with these things. Biker13 sent me some for my kid. carried them over to a buddies house to shoot and he brought out one of his granddads bolt 22s' with about a 3ft barrel on it. The 1st couple went fine then on his 3 rd shot, we didn't hear it hit steel. He said "dang I can't believe I missed that" (former marine,they never miss!! Lol!) so he fired again. Another miss...."I must be shooting over it".....then another, "something's not right, I'm dead on". Five shots later, we realized we had a barrel full of bullets.
On a side note, my son loves shooting them out of my 10-22.

My 11 year old fired about 40 thru our Henry and towards the end you really could notice the bullets were slowing down, must have been build up gunk? We stopped and cleaned the rifle. Haven't fired since. I'm sure it's fine now.

Having read the mixed opinions I was curious to try them at the range. I shot them with my S&W 617 and with my kids' Henry Lever Youth, without any problem.
This is a comparison a 22-25 yards, with Remington Golden Bullets:

From the left D, C, A: Colibri
From the right D, C, Remington Golden

The one low, under the 'A zone', was just a very poor shot, not a low speed round.

They make very little noise, you can hear the impact of the bullet downrange.

i59.tinypic.com_2hceus2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom