• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Quiet Powderless 22lr

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use them in a 10/22 and manually cycle. These things are more quiet than my pellet gun. This rabbit was taken from about 15-20 yards. One shot under the ear ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405773760.225714.jpg

To me it's ammo for fun, for teaching people, and god forbid I actually need it- low noise small game hunting ammo if shtf.

Thanks!

I would like to try them. But I don't need 500 rounds. If someone in Atlanta would like to split a box I'll be happy to order one.
:thumb::thumb:

With shipping is going to be about $52 for 500 rounds.

If you live near me I'd be happy to give you 50 to try out, or I'll sell you 250 for $25. I'm in Alpharetta.

Send me a PM if you want.

Also, it's good to see SGA with any kind of 22 again... that page has been a zero-stock since December 2012.

Great rounds for plinking and target shooting with a bolt/lever-action or a 22 revolver, and SGA is a great company to deal with.

I shoot this stuff all the time out of the window in my garage into the targets I have at the tree line. I use semi auto rifles, AR 7 and Marlin papoose, no problem hand cycling. Like to use it in my .22 revolvers also, it's a bit louder thru them though!

I use the super colibri in our mp 15-22. Super quiet. Can only load six or seven in the mag though, after that they will start to jam.

Great for urban or backyard huntin. No good for possum or coons, they just bounce.

Keep your ears open with these things. Biker13 sent me some for my kid. carried them over to a buddies house to shoot and he brought out one of his granddads bolt 22s' with about a 3ft barrel on it. The 1st couple went fine then on his 3 rd shot, we didn't hear it hit steel. He said "dang I can't believe I missed that" (former marine,they never miss!! Lol!) so he fired again. Another miss...."I must be shooting over it".....then another, "something's not right, I'm dead on". Five shots later, we realized we had a barrel full of bullets.
On a side note, my son loves shooting them out of my 10-22.

Keep your ears open with these things. Biker13 sent me some for my kid. carried them over to a buddies house to shoot and he brought out one of his granddads bolt 22s' with about a 3ft barrel on it. The 1st couple went fine then on his 3 rd shot, we didn't hear it hit steel. He said "dang I can't believe I missed that" (former marine,they never miss!! Lol!) so he fired again. Another miss...."I must be shooting over it".....then another, "something's not right, I'm dead on". Five shots later, we realized we had a barrel full of bullets.
On a side note, my son loves shooting them out of my 10-22.

This is a good reminder. I found this warning when I first ordered these years ago: 'WARNING: These rounds are powered by the rimfire primer only. They must only be fired in handguns. If fired in rifles, the bullet may remain lodged in the barrel.'

Checking the barrel if a hit/discharge cannot be confirmed is a good idea with these rounds. Glad nothing worse happened to your buddy than bullets stacking in the barrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom