• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ramlite magnetic rail made for VZ58/VZ2008 rifle

strongtactics

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Governor
255   0
Reaction score
DSC_1666.JPG
DSC_1659.JPG
DSC_1664.JPG
Hey guys, I discussed this rail system briefly in this thread:
http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/thinking-about-adding-a-new-brake-to-my-vz2008.933854/

But I wanted to give it its own thread so that people that might conduct a search will likely find it more easily.

Ramlite is a small company based in Arizona. They make rail systems, lasers, and other accessories for various handguns and rifles.

Their website is here: http://ramlite.com/

I am a big fan of the VZ2008 rifle. In fact, I recently purchased a 2nd one. With that said, systems for this rifle to add a red dot sight or scope are pretty limited. Many of the rails require some modification (drilling or something similar) to be applied or you have to completely change out your original handguard.

Well, I came across the Ramlite magnetic rail system and initially thought...no way that thing will stay put, allow the red dot to hold zero, etc. The price point on these varies a little at times, but I have seen it as low as $62.99 plus $5.25 to ship on their ebay store, up to $69.99 plus shipping. You can buy directly through them, but I use ebay and Paypal a lot, so that route made more sense for me.

It arrived quickly (3 days from Arizona to Georgia) and came with a small instruction booklet.

Once it arrived, I attached it to the area that the instructions stated, and added a Primary Arms low profile tactical red dot reflex sight. I will add a picture of it here after I take one.....

So, I took it to the range. I should mention that I was limited to using a 25 yard indoor range, so this is just a basic sighting in at this point. I struggled with getting the optic sighted in (my fault and Primary Arms red dot, not the rail's fault). So, before I ran out of ammo, I wanted to see how this rail would do if removed and reset.
Again, I could not get the sight perfect before doing this comparison, so as you will see, these shots are low. But pay attention to the grouping, please.

In the below target, the shots on the right were taken first and the ones on the left were taken after I removed the rail and basically just shook it around in my hand, to simulate jostling around in a range bag or a "soft drop."

DSC_1666.JPG

As you can see, the groups are very similar. I think this rail would do just fine for the everyday man's purposes such as plinking and hunting and such. I will try to conduct some more testing once I get everything sighted in at a better range, with more distance, time, and ammo and will report back.

It should be noted that one awesome feature is the ability to simply snatch this thing off and go back to irons. It doesn't get any more "quick-detach" than this!

I believe Ramlite does not recommend this for a magnified scope, and it is essentially made for red dot sights like this one and Aimpoint T-1, H-1s, Eotech XPS, 553, 516, Bushnell TRS-25s, Vortex Sparc, Strikefire, etc etc etc. Plenty of affordable red dot options on the market.

The rail piece is well made (in the USA), affordable, and simple to install and use. Ramlite also apparently makes rails for this rifle that include side rails for lasers or lights.

I paid about $75 shipped for the Ramlite rail and $50 shipped for the Primary Arms optic. So for about $125, I have a quick detach option for my VZ2008, and am no longer limited to iron sights only. And again, this is something that required no modifications/tool work/gunsmithing to my rifle at all.

Also, Ramlite stands behind its product. They offer a full money back warranty for virtually any reason.

DSC_1659.JPG
DSC_1666.JPG

Last edited:
I did order one and tried it yesterday. while I didn't try to be precise off hand for a CQB situation works well. I had a Truglo red/green dot I slapped on it seemed to work well.
I will give it a better test in a few weeks. However you cannot beat the easy on / off and position on a VZ.

Back
Top Bottom