• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Rat snake?

GodBlessTheUSA

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
I brought down the Iron Curtain
155   0
Reaction score
Rescued him from a rodent sticky trap. Used olive oil. He demonstrated some mimicry by shaking his tail and did some weird jaw maneuvers that made his head look almost triangular.

Just don’t tell me he was a highly venomous North Georgia cotton headed copper rattler!

dd9749e53ec2cd0961f13ca432bd8000.jpg

ec44271b8e8f12aacfe434bdc406da98.jpg

Rescued him from a rodent sticky trap. Used olive oil. He demonstrated some mimicry by shaking his tail and did some weird jaw maneuvers that made his head look almost triangular.

Just don’t tell me he was a highly venomous North Georgia cotton headed copper rattler!

dd9749e53ec2cd0961f13ca432bd8000.jpg

ec44271b8e8f12aacfe434bdc406da98.jpg
WTF is mimicry?...did it try to bite ya or no?

I knew he was a good one. Just wondered at the species. So many “rat snakes”. Black, grey, purple haired with pink underbelly, etc.

Mimicry is when critter acts like another to attempt to fool a predator into leaving it alone.

Although, I'm pretty sure you know that, so maybe I should've said he stuck out his tongue and asked for shot of bourbon???

We have a rather large female king snake that’s been under our house for years, I hope she gives this a guy a chance to go to the woodpile.

Took a while to get him free. Worth it if he kills one mouse or vole.

Back
Top Bottom