• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ravin R500 Recall

Fresh update here. I did receive the return label last week. The day I received it I took my bow in its original box to the FedEx drop location. A couple days later I received an email stating that they had received my bow and that when their technician began work on my bow I would receive another email.

I called Ravin CS today just to get a feel for a timeline. Their CS rep said that they would not stare any repairs until May. Again I can't understand Ravin's lack of urgency? Oh well, guess we are closer than two weeks ago!!!!

I seen on another site where a fella sent his back. He asked what his options are. They stated they would go over the bow and fix whatever was Needed for the repair and anything that was wrong. New strings and cables etc. he asked if they would buy the bow back or upgrade to the 50x they said no. Repair only. Kinda crappy to me. You have this long drawed out repair process tell people for months not to use the bow it’s dangerous etc. no communication other than that. I would never buy a ravin product because of this. Tenopoint or Excalibur for me. Hope they get you taken care of and you have no more problems or unknown recall issues.

I don't expect Ravin to "give" me anything other than a $3000+ crossbow that is safe to shoot. They required me to return all components of the R500 package that I have. That makes me think there may be more in the works than a simple repair, we will just wait and see. On the other hand, I returned my bow the day I received the RMA# and FedEx label therefore my expectation is that Ravin will expedite the recall resolution in a very timely manner. DO NOT drag this out. If it can't be completed quickly then replace our crossbows, repair the bows returned and sell the R500's as refurbished with notice that they are refurbished to the general hunting public.

Back
Top Bottom