• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RBGC 2019 Run-and-Gun (5k/10k)

I *almost* ran with a Short Action Precision Run and Gun bag located in the same spot as your skid pad. It was just a tad too big. I was going to email them and ask them to make a reduced sized one, but that skid pad looks to be the better way to do it so I'm definitely going to steal that idea from you. Thanks for posting it.

What optic were you running?

Judging from your gear photos I was at your left waiting on 5? You lost a lancer mag on the course? Nice score man - So it was just a basic primary arms 2.5x. I had the same issues on course navigation, clocking the IPSC Zones, and credit on my 1? Knife stick. I had a blast though. See you guys time around.

Judging from your gear photos I was at your left waiting on 5? You lost a lancer mag on the course? Nice score man - So it was just a basic primary arms 2.5x. I had the same issues on course navigation, clocking the IPSC Zones, and credit on my 1? Knife stick. I had a blast though. See you guys time around.

Ha! That's what I thought. Yup we had our 55 min wait together on stage 5. 600 yards with your 2.5x is impressive. Cool rifle too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting the info Sean.

Thanks for posting the info. I’m running a similar setup minus the optic. I would like to upgrade that. The 600 yard was tough as I had a wandering holdover or it was the nut behind the trigger. I also had trouble getting all the AB shots since I don’t shoot that close. Need some practice on my part.

I cleared stage 4 with 0 pistol required. I did lose a mag on the low crawl.

Time to prep for the 10k in Nov.

I think people make the 600 to much of a concern and really just need more experience at shooting that kinda distance. Knowing your equipment and where to hold makes a huge difference. I used a red dot w/bdc and a 3x magnifier and made my hits pretty easy. I've shot a lot out to 600+ so I'm confident with irons or optics out at that distance and honestly I think that's worth more than a fancy optic.

I think people make the 600 to much of a concern and really just need more experience at shooting that kinda distance. Knowing your equipment and where to hold makes a huge difference. I used a red dot w/bdc and a 3x magnifier and made my hits pretty easy. I've shot a lot out to 600+ so I'm confident with irons or optics out at that distance and honestly I think that's worth more than a fancy optic.
Spoken like a young eye doctor! :becky::becky::becky:

Haha good vision helps out also, so also make sure you can see.

On a side note I've often thought about bringing some stuff to matches to try an measure/set people up better for their gear optically, but end up rather shooting the match then "working".

On a side note I've often thought about bringing some stuff to matches to try an measure/set people up better for their gear optically, but end up rather shooting the match then "working".
I could use that for sure. I wear glasses at work. Should be wearing them all the time, but I just can’t focus when moving with them on.

I read your thread a while back about shooting glasses and I'm not at that point yet but I'm maybe two to three years out and I will definitely be seeing you. I'm holding off for as long as possible. For me anything at distance is pretty much going to have to have a low-power variable optic at this point because of my astigmatism. It's either the target is too fuzzy at distance or any electronic dot is too out of round for any precision shooting. I can get by with a EOTech or something similar on larger targets out to probably 300y, but beyond that the adjustable diopter and extra magnification helps me tremendously.

You're right six hundred yards with a good rifle, good ammunition and decent wind is an absolute chip shot on a full IPSC. Doing it while hanging off a roof one handed was a little tougher than I expected.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom