• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RBGC 2019 Run-and-Gun (5k/10k)

Meeting you guys on Stage 4 was great. I wish I could have talked more but it was busy when you arrived. Next year, we should set up an area at the end of match to gather together and chat next time. Candidly, I should have sought you guys out but I was mentally fried when we got back.

For those looking for more RnG, consider Ellis's 5K Gun Run in Ellerbe NC on Sept 28. Ellis was the tall guy with the black beard scoring on Stage 4. His website doesn't talk at all about who he is but you'll be impressed when you get to know him. I'd happily RO for him any day. He an awesome leader. I could tell he was taking in all of Matt Stennett's and Bruce's shooting test ideas and thinking about how to take them to the next level.

Personally, I ended Stage 3 with 8 seconds to spare. I spent over a minute trying to solve the problem of sliding down the roof and a vain attempt to get a good NPOA. I eventually went with putting the roof line under my arm pit (it still hurts). My scope strategy worked like a fricking champ. I dialed 14 MOA and then held at the base of the steel at the close in target. Then held dead on at 600 yards. Once I got going it was easy, provided that I remembered to hold low which wasn't that easy for me at that point in the run.

Scope view at 50 to 100 yards

Scope at 100.JPG

Scope view at 600 yards

Scope at 600.JPG

Meeting you guys on Stage 4 was great. I wish I could have talked more but it was busy when you arrived. Next year, we should set up an area at the end of match to gather together and chat next time. Candidly, I should have sought you guys out but I was mentally fried when we got back.

For those looking for more RnG, consider Ellis's 5K Gun Run in Ellerbe NC on Sept 28. Ellis was the tall guy with the black beard scoring on Stage 4. His website doesn't talk at all about who he is but you'll be impressed when you get to know him. I'd happily RO for him any day. He an awesome leader. I could tell he was taking in all of Matt Stennett's and Bruce's shooting test ideas and thinking about how to take them to the next level.

Personally, I ended Stage 3 with 8 seconds to spare. I spent over a minute trying to solve the problem of sliding down the roof and a vain attempt to get a good NPOA. I eventually went with putting the roof line under my arm pit (it still hurts). My scope strategy worked like a fricking champ. I dialed 14 MOA and then held at the base of the steel at the close in target. Then held dead on at 600 yards. Once I got going it was easy, provided that I remembered to hold low which wasn't that easy for me at that point in the run.

Scope view at 50 to 100 yards

View attachment 2263650

Scope view at 600 yards

View attachment 2263651
I did Ellis's first RnG a few months ago. It was great. Already have plans that weekend, so I won't be headed that way this go around. His rules were very different than Bruce's, everything was steel so it was hits vs AB and no pasting targets, no penalties, you either had a time or limited out and 90 second limits, which went by fast. Way less physically demanding in NC.

I can't move, even today. Sore everywhere.

I want to know how many people timed out on stage 1 and 3

Timed out on 1, and badly but successfully completed 3 and cleared its wall - 3 was my favorite stage other than maybe the shotgun - Granted I was the kid with a 20" Rifle/ A2 stock and arguably had a velocity advantage at 600. Awesome time on my first run n gun - Thanks to all for R.O. ing / participating. Thanks to River Bend for Hosting.

Back
Top Bottom