• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

RCBS Rebate!

jcountry

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
Kinda pissed.....

RCBS is only giving a check for $50 on their rebate now.

I am very disappointed in this change. I would much rather have 500 bullets which would cost @$250 than a lousy $50 check.

(Just a heads-up for anyone considering their bait-and-switch.)

I am definitely gonna cause a stink if they try and settle with me for a lousy $50. I think I still have my original flier which states that you get the bullets. Since that time they modified all the online versions of the same flyer to show only a $50 rebate. It was worth buying a bunch of stuff if I got $250 worth of bullets-but definitely no worth a lousy $50 rebate.

They probably don't have any bullets to give anyone and everyone who turned in the rebate was getting pissed with them. So they just decided to give people the money instead to try to make them happy.

But I agree, I would MUCH rather gave the bullets.

I just got the letter today.

I am all kinds of pissed! The ONLY reason I made the choice to buy so much RCBS stuff was the bullet rebate. I would much rather have $250 worth of bullets than $50 cash.

They could always give me the equivalent ($250) in cash. That would make me happy. $50 doesn't even begin to cover the implied contract they made with me when I backordered all my items.

I will let y'all know how it goes. They either make this right, or lose a customer for life-plus get a whole bunch of *****ing for decades to come. This is serious business to me. They shouldn't promise something like that if they can't deliver either the bullets or the equivalent cash it would take to buy those bullets!

Now their rebate offer clearly says in bold type it's either $10 or $50 and that the bullet offer is off the table. I spent a little ove $110 so I get $10. Would rather have bullets instead as well but at least I was warned before hand. I hate having to cut UPC's off of boxes, ffs, ruins the box. Why wouldn't the MidwayUSA invoice be enough?

I have never had any problems dealing with RCBS.I would think that if you bought the product in the time frame of the correct rebate they would stand behind it.

I have never had any problems dealing with RCBS.I would think that if you bought the product in the time frame of the correct rebate they would stand behind it.

That is what I am hoping. This was obviously done the wrong way.

I mean-you really have to wonder who came up with the idea, right in the middle of the ammopacalypse, but then didn't think far enough ahead to see whether they could get sufficient supply. They sold a hell of a lot of stuff as a result. The $50 is a cop out. Maybe they will do the right thing. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom