• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Re-United After Almost Twelve Years

mrauditor

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
78   0
Reaction score
Almost twelve years ago I purchased a used Ruger MKII Great Eight handgun from my local gunshop. I fired less than 100 rounds thru it and after several months saw something I believed I wanted more, so I traded it back in with the shop. The manager [good friend] decided he wanted it for his personal weapon, so he has had possession of it all this time. The gunshop closed several years back, but the manager and I have kept in constant touch with each other . Last week he texted me with an offer to trade for one of my firearms which he knew I had and offered the Great Eight. It is now back in my possession and I am a happy camper. When I originally purchased it, it was bone stock. Thanks to my manager friend, it now sports a Volquartsen trigger, extended slide release, gunsmith-modified from and rear sights, Hogue target grips and 7 factory mags. :cool:

OOPS. Should have wiped lint off barrel in second picture before submitting, but you get the idea. Thanks.

Ruger MKII Great Eight.jpg
Ruger MKII Great Eight2.jpg

Only 902 made. A very desirable model for Ruger MKII collectors. The only distributor model Ruger made that wasn't a spin off of another model. They never made anymore 8" BBs. They did make a 22/45 G8. A few thousand of them made. Not very scarce. I have the earliest known Great 8 made and the last recorded one made. I have a total of five of them NIB. I am searching for three more so I can have eight Great 8s.

Only 902 made. A very desirable model for Ruger MKII collectors. The only distributor model Ruger made that wasn't a spin off of another model. They never made anymore 8" BBs. They did make a 22/45 G8. A few thousand of them made. Not very scarce. I have the earliest known Great 8 made and the last recorded one made. I have a total of five of them NIB. I am searching for three more so I can have eight Great 8s.
I appreciate the history and background information and your collection sounds tremendous. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom