Ready to Go!

sinac84

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
187   0
Reaction score
Just renewed my hunting license for 12-13 hunting. 2 and half weeks til opening day of bow season for deer! Going out this weekend for a walk-about small game hunt and do alittle scouting at my stand locations to see what the acorns are doing. Hopefully I'll find plenty of deer sign. I dunno about the rest of you but I'm excited! I met my goal of 3 deer last year so this year I'm setting my goal at 6 with atleast 1 deer taken with a bow.

Bring on the cold, crisp morning this fall/winter and bring on the deer!

I have about worn the Bluing off of my guns from cleaning them so much.....lol. I actually ramp up my archery practice from the first of July and start visiting the rifle range a lot more often. I pack and repack my backpack to make sure everything is ready to go. I do a complete service on my truck and four wheeler and keep them fueled. I make sure my knives are sharp and all of my gear is good to go. Spend more time at sporting good stores looking for a deal on scents, attractants and calls. I have been deer hunting for 52 years and the anticipation has never worn off.

Bought corn and batteries for the cameras today! I remember those twins you got last season Sinac - hope you can beat that this year! Speaking of CORN - I have heard it through the grapevine that corn is going to significantly increase in price in the next month or so. The hit that the midwest took this year will affect everything from ethanol to cereal. Stock up now - bags are about $9 now and may be 12-15 by October.

Glad I'm not the only one that is so overly excited about deer hunting. I started getting my pack and gear ready yesterday. It was hard not to wash everything in Scent Away yesterday.... Got my wafers in the recharging cans. Batteries in my headlamps, maps, GPS has fresh batteries, empty Gatoraid bottle aka pee bottle, Thermacell, new deer drag, boot and storage powder, Scent Away, ect...

Bow is ready to go too. Might have some new sights put on it but other than that it's ready.

Last edited:
Bought corn and batteries for the cameras today! I remember those twins you got last season Sinac - hope you can beat that this year! Speaking of CORN - I have heard it through the grapevine that corn is going to significantly increase in price in the next month or so. The hit that the midwest took this year will affect everything from ethanol to cereal. Stock up now - bags are about $9 now and may be 12-15 by October.

i380.photobucket.com_albums_oo246_sinac84_IMAG0033.jpg

Can you come with us Saturday morning?

Missed the thread until saturday night. I had to go to my club and put stands in anyway. Found a real nice little spot that has been ignored cuz its hard to get to but I think (Hope) it will produce. Thanks for asking but we WILL get together during the season. I still owe you lunch!

Back
Top Bottom