• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Really Amazon?!

albatros43

Default rank 5000+ posts
Jackwagon
176   0
Reaction score
The contracted shipping rates they have must be ridiculously low. This box is a little big for the contents:

20160805_142736.jpg

Hey I love Amazon. You can buy a hard gun case for under $18 shipped for free and have it 2 days later . Then I have to pay $35 to ship the same case to a dealer.:confused: Go figure that one out.

Hey I love Amazon. You can buy a hard gun case for under $18 shipped for free and have it 2 days later . Then I have to pay $35 to ship the same case to a dealer.:confused: Go figure that one out.

And I bet you bitch about crappy Ma' & Pa gun stores and still shop at Walmart too. Nothing is free, even if you can't see how you are paying for it eventually.

And I bet you ***** about crappy Ma' & Pa gun stores and still shop at Walmart too. Nothing is free, even if you can't see how you are paying for it eventually.
I work at a Ma and Paw shop part time. The same gun case cost me more whole sale then the $18 I pay amazon. Oh and it comes in a card board box. Have you ever tried finding or making a card board box to fit a gun case.? you would pay $25 for a card board box at mail boxes express.

And I bet you ***** about crappy Ma' & Pa gun stores and still shop at Walmart too. Nothing is free, even if you can't see how you are paying for it eventually.

Sure, you pay for it in the Prime membership and undoubtedly in the price of the item with "free" shipping. However, when the same item is as cheap or cheaper than the local shop and you can have it delivered to your door, why not? To be fair, I've never studied Amazon's model but I'm sure it's similar to Wal-Mart's as far as buying and negotiating power. They have to pay UPS and USPS a fraction of the amount a consumer would. How is it even profitable to ship a $6 battery 2nd-day?

Back
Top Bottom