Recommend drills glock 26 vs 19

CAMSDADDY

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
109   0
Reaction score
I am going to the range tomorrow. I am taking my 26 and my 19. Up to this point I have chosen the biggest I could carry at the time. I'm interested to see the difference and compare the two. At the range will be 6 1/2" plates and 3" plates each on a rack of six. Also there is a 8" gong. I normally shoot the racks and then back off to 25 or so a ring the gong. Are there any recommendations of drills I should try that would show one over the other? Are there drills you would run that would make you feel like you shoot one better than the other? Are there drills you would run that would make you feel either is plenty? I will have a timer and probably be carrying either aiwb or 2-3 .

I have a 26 and a 19 also.......at this time I take all my mags and load them with 5 rounds.......line them up and shoot 1 mag out of the 19.....drop the mag.....grab the 26....insert mag and shoot another 5......and then repeat.....I have 8 mags total.....just have to set them up correctly so I don't grab one of the 26 mags (only have 2 of those) and try to put them in the 19.....primary practice for defensive shooting.....paper silhouette at 30 feet and 15 feet......my range will not allow you to draw from a holster, so I just sent them on the bench in front of me.........I like your method better, but have to work within the rules of the range. I want to get comfortable with switching between the two.....try not to change my grip when switching and really focus on getting used to the difference in site distance to improve target acquisition.

Last edited:
I went today and shot from 3-25 yards. I found I could remain on a 8" target with either out to 25 yards with consistency. I have in the past found I shot faster with the 26. Today the 19 was just in the groove. I shot to 25 with ease as well as it was almost as though I couldnt miss with it today. What I did notice is I was shooting the same ammo and the plates that wouldnt fall from shots from the 26 would fall with shots from the 19. I have found some days I just shoot one better than the other. I will be carrying my 19 for a while until I can shake this down a little more. I found as I began to tire shooting with the 26 fell off sooner. Fatigue showed a lot clearer than with the 19. If both shot equally well for me I would simply carry the 26 due to size. I prefer the way it carries but considering the falling of the plates and how well I shot the 19 I think Im gonna carry it for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom