• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Recommendation for a custom AIWB holster please?

Deleted member 79987

Default rank 5000+ posts
Good enough for government work
79   0
Reaction score
Hey there all... I'm looking to buy a new holster, and I carry AIWB. I've been searching around a bit online -- there are quite a few makers out there.

Don't want anything cheap (read: uncomfortable) so I'm open to paying for a custom made kydex one.

If you carry AIWB, which do you prefer / use?
  • JM Custom Kydex
  • Tier1 Concealed (Axis or Agis)
  • Dara Holsters & Gear
  • Custom Carry Concepts
  • T5 Custom Kydex
  • Dale Fricke Holsters (Archangel)
  • Black Rhino Concealment
  • ANR Design
  • I'm sure there are others I don't know about
Any personal experiences would be appreciated... thanks.

For e ,the brand depends on the gun. What gun?

Ah right, that would help. It's a Sig with Romeo red dot, and an attached Streamlight

Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 02.07.36.png

A friend of mine has a Tier 1 Axis and it is easily the best appendix carry holster I have ever seen. I tried it for a few days and almost bought one because of its comfort and practicality. Granted, I haven't tried them all but the comfort, combined with the speed of use makes it a sure enough winner to me, if I were to ever decide to appendix carry again. With a good belt (the other key ingredient) it is solid and doesn't move. The gun is always right there in the same place.

Besides having a gun pointed at my cash and prizes, comfort is the reason I won't appendix carry. The Axis eliminates the comfort problem. It is adjustable, of course, and the gun rides high in comparison to the clips, which reside on the lower half of the holster. This design frees up my mobility and results in minimal discomfort while sitting down, or during practically any type of physical movements.

I don't know anything about the other holsters mentioned, and I'm sure there are other good ones. Everyone is different and holsters are a personal choice. It would suck to spend $100-$200 on a holster only to find out you don't like it. I like the Axis a lot, but you may not. That's just the way it is.

Back
Top Bottom