• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Recommendations for hand primer

either the forster or the rcbs bench prime. i actually wanted the forster coax but a commercial reloader bud of mine talked me into the rcbs bench primer.i cannot recall why he said he preferred the rcbs,seems like it was the rcbs has a better feel of when the primer fully seated.i still think the coax looks like the better way and i despise loading primer tubes. i have loaded thousands and thousands of rounds on the rcbs bench top though. you can clearly feel the primer seat home and how much preload you put on the cup.

either of those two units will serve you well. the rest are crap to be honest

I also have the Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series Hand Primer Seating tool and the typical seating primer depth is .000 to .005". The tool has a wheel on the handle that you dial up or down to set your seating depth. The tool comes with a nice case, numerous size shell holders and the parts to convert to small or large primers. Amazon sells the tool for around $59.

I'm still using (2) old LEE round tray primers. I have collected a (Lee bag O'Parts) that helps keep them running. When they eventually break beyond repair, I think I'll go with one of the bench mounted units.

Back
Top Bottom