• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

REDLANDS WMA, dove quota hunts

Buck119

Default rank <4500 posts
Beretta Aficionado
220   0
Reaction score
Just received the notification that my son has been selected for the dove quota hunt of Sept 6th.

Never been to a quota hunt. Neither to the Redlands WMA.

Any suggestion/recommendation form OTDer that are familiar with both will be greatly appreciated :).

These are great opportunities for our kids!

Get there early enough to sign in, and note they may have kids activities prior to the shoot. The fields open at 10:00 if I recall correctly (read the regs to confirm), and it is a foot race to your preferred location. Be ready to get your preferred spot, and have a backup location or two in mind. Take out minimal (chairs) for your group, and place accordingly (I like shade :cool:). Hopefully they don't let people set up in the middle of the field like they do at Walton Dove Field (my son got selected for this hunt). Should be a lot of shooting at Redlands, so expect to get showered by shot, and possibly have a few low birds shot at.

Hope you and your son have a great time!

Kdog

It was a beautiful day. We went to the lower field (the smaller one). We got there at noon and left at 6:30. There were many people but I would not consider it crowded. Still plenty of good spots to chose. Plenty of doves especially in the late afternoon. Everybody nice to everybody and willing to help.
Hopefully we will be able to do it again next year.

Back
Top Bottom