• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

remington 552 speedmaster

dakota port

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
178   0
Reaction score
action: semi-automatic

caliber: 22 lr, 22 short, 22 l

price: ?

looks: it looks handsomely built with a nice dark blue/black finish and dark wood

sights: just black steel sights but are good in the shade as well as the sun the rear sight is adjustable left and right, a scope would be preferred in my opinion

prospective user: a kid barely 10 can shoot this gun well and in the hands of an adult this is a squirrels worst nightmare with little noise to warn it of your presence

noise: with 22 lr you don’t need hearing protection its so soft

construction: solid as can be with no loose fitting parts, everything fits snug in place

materials: steel with wood forend and stock

recoil: very little recoil as many have said that shot it “its like shooting a bb gun”

cleanup: like most 22s it is not fun/easy to clean but it does get clean if given the time (if someone comes up with a 22 barrel that can just be split in half and clamps/hinge back together after you clean it it would be a dream come true)

disassembly: two pins hold the trigger assembly in and it comes out smooth for a thorough cleaning, and flathead screws hold the rest of the parts together if you feel the need to remove them for cleaning

loading: just twist the brass tube end and pull it up then drop 15 22 rounds in one at a time in the slot designated on the magazine tube

overall: I am very pleased by this gun and light trigger pull with little to no recoil making follow up shots easy and accurate. If you need a 22 rifle that can shoot all sorts of 22s this one fits the bill, the hood covering the ejection port for the used casing diverts the casing towards the ground saving your freind next to you from being struck which is a nice feature

official site: http://www.remington.com/en/product...milies/autoloading-model-552-speedmaster.aspx

Last edited:
I've got one that's been in my family since the 60's and through 3 generations. Still shoots great. My grandpaw wouldn't take anybody squirrel hunting with him cause he got mad when they didn't shoot them through the head like he did. He said was a waste of good meat. While I don't quite have the keen eye and steady hand he did, I'd still trust it to feed me and mine if I had to. Great guns.

Back
Top Bottom