• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Remington 700 recall

Well my sps is on the list. Filled out the on line form and I guess they will send me all the packing and stuff to send it back. Dang. Wonder what kind of trigger they will replace it with? Hope it will go to 1.5 pounds.

Well my sps is on the list. Filled out the on line form and I guess they will send me all the packing and stuff to send it back. Dang. Wonder what kind of trigger they will replace it with? Hope it will go to 1.5 pounds.

Mines on it, putting a Timney in it. Good excuse

Same trigger.

STOP USING YOUR RIFLE. Any unintended discharge has the potential for causing injury or death. Immediately stop using your rifle until Remington can inspect it to determine if the XMP trigger has excess bonding agent used in the assembly process, which could cause an unintentional discharge and, if so, specialty clean and restore it to a safe operating condition. If you own a rifle subject to this recall, Remington will provide shipping, inspection, specialty cleaning, and return at no cost to you. DO NOT attempt to diagnose or repair your rifle yourself.

I ordered the Timney 510. Looks like I'll need to do some minor filing to make it fit but there are enough videos on YouTube. Timney says it's a drop in but I don't think it's completely drop in.

you are doing something wrong then. ive never seen one that didnt drop in. the bolt release is the only part that may bind and bending it slightly fixes the problem

Well my AAC-SD was not affected. I just entered it in to see. Glad I dont have to mess with another recall. But I did want an excuse to buy a Timney though.

you are doing something wrong then. ive never seen one that didnt drop in. the bolt release is the only part that may bind and bending it slightly fixes the problem

I'm basing what I said on this video in which the dude had to do a little filing. I'm hoping I do not need to do anything other than dropping it in and putting everything back together. My biggest concern isn't installing the trigger but what the change will do to my accuracy. My rifle is bone stock and shoots .382MOA at 100 yards and that is the only reason why I have left it bone stock because it's so damn accurate. Taking it apart and changing it could affect it's accuracy. Hopefully only for the better with the trigger upgrade but you always run a risk of changing it's accuracy when you take it apart and put it back together. Hell, I still use the Hogue rubber overmold stock because it doesn't seem to need the upgrade with the groups it'll shoot. I'm sure there is gonna be someone that is gonna flame me for sill using that stock but with a .382MOA I just don't see the need for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnCh9Wdb5-c

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom